background

Saturday, November 10, 2012

BBB

I am a sucker for Banana Bread.
But NOT just any type of Banana Bread.

I LOVE Blueberry Banana Bread!!!!

Every Year (for the past 6 years or so) the kiddos and I pick blueberries at a local farm.
I usually try to get 2 gallons.
I always bring a belt and strap a bucket to each hip.
I become a crazy blueberry picking woman.
My goal is to pick as many as quick as I can...because my kids have a small window of happiness.
I seem to always have one too small to walk around and explore so I am pushing a stroller as well.
anyway.
I pick, wash, sort, dry and then freeze the berries in baggies.
I freeze 2 cups of berries in each bag, so that I don't really have to measure when baking!

Yesterday, I had some ripe bananas and decided to use them the best way I know how....
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD!!!

It turned out fabulous as always...except that one time when I forgot the baking powder and it was flat as flat could be.
Like a brick.
flat.
I think I cried because of the waisted blueberries.

Since, I have raved about the BBB, I will share the recipe with YOU.

Blueberry Banana Bread
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp. milk
1 cup blueberries

I don't separate the dry and wet.
I simply through everything in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Adding the blueberries last, after the batter is mixed well.
Grease a loaf Pan.
Bake @ 350* for 50-60 minutes.
It usually takes the whole 60 minutes to pass the toothpick test!
and
I love eating it warm with butter and a good cup of coffee!

ENJOY!!!

(Recipes was found from "Supper's on the Table, Come Home" cookbook by Rachel Masters)

No comments:

Post a Comment