background

Monday, January 7, 2013

a NEW year

its a NEW year.
i am sure you have gotten the memo.
it is finally soaking in that is
2013

i have A LOT of things to accomplish this year.
some inwardly
and
some outwardly

i am going to do a weekly bible verse/verse' this year.
i am going to share them here
here on this blog.
i hope by doing so this will
HELP ME
and
KEEP ME
accountable.

No matter how hard I try.
nor
How GREAT my intentions are.
i am pretty good at failing....and just doing...just enough.
this year
i want to be better
better than
just enough.

so here is my weekly verses' i am going to be reading over and over this week.
praying over
digging into
and hoping to
implement it ALL in my daily life.

A Full Life in the Emptiest of Places

9-12 “If you get rid of unfair practices,
    quit blaming victims,
    quit gossiping about other people’s sins,
If you are generous with the hungry
    and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out,
Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness,
    your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.
I will always show you where to go.
    I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places—
    firm muscles, strong bones.
You’ll be like a well-watered garden,
    a gurgling spring that never runs dry.
You’ll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew,
    rebuild the foundations from out of your past.
You’ll be known as those who can fix anything,
    restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate,
    make the community livable again.

As i was drinking my coffee this morning...
i looked at my cup. 
its one of my favorites.
its from my little sister 
and its a tall cup
so it holds more coffee.
But then I read it...
and 
it spoke to me.
Be the Change...You wish to see in the world.
and 
that is just what i am  going to do.

who is with me??? 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment